Applications for the 2012 Teens for Planet Earth Service Awards are due October 15, 2012.
This is a team application to be completed by all team members including your adult advisor. Application is to be mailed or emailed , including application, one letter of recommendation and photos of your service-learning project. If you are interested in applying, please note the following requirements:
- A team is one or more teens, ages 13 through 19, from around the world. You must be 13 years of age by January 1, 2012 to apply.
- The service-learning project must have benefited the team’s local environment and community.
- The majority of the service-learning project must have been completed within the last 24 months.
- The project should show some evidence of sustainability – it should somehow continue to benefit your local community even after you have done most of the work.
- At least one member of your team must join Teens for Planet Earth.
- International applications are highly encouraged. However, your application must be submitted in English. We regret that we are unable to offer translation services at this time.
- You must also review the rules before submitting your application.
- Download your application here.
- Photos of your project must be posted to your project's Group Page. If you do not have a Group Page on T4PE you must create one prior to submitting your project. Instructions for creating a group page are available here.