Developing and Maintaining The Oberlin Schools Farm and To promote Awareness of Our Local And National Food Systems And To Generally Encourage Healthy Eating Within Our Student Body
The Oberlin High School Food Awareness Club:
• To provide our fellow students and community with the reality that our National food system is corrupt and that we need to create a revolution, however small that would make it possible for sustainably cultivated, healthy, local foods to be available to all students, regardless of socioeconomic standing
• To connect with the community of farmers and other agricultural producers around us to better experience where the food we eats comes from, and to learn from the methods the farmers use to better help improve our own culinary and gardening lives
• To help be apart of, and create a movement where students take the lead in demanding and producing their own healthy, sustainably produced foods and to contribute to the school gardening revolution and the local food movement as a student organization
• To appreciate the time, effort, and ethics which went into the food production of the foods we produce on the school farm and of the food we eat otherwise
• To uphold and run the school farm and maintain student leadership full circle from cultivating the produce to consuming it in our school cafeteria
• To work together as students and appreciate our differences, whatever they may be, and to use with this knowledge to create a happy, diverse community we all want to live and thrive in!
• To help create new food systems and collaborations with the college and community
• To try to do our part in contributing to a more sustainable world by being ware of things above
"Hi Divyanshu, I love red pandas, and I'm glad you seem to like them too. They are decreasing in number, which is why conservation organizations need to work to protect them and their habitat. Thanks for spreading the word!"
"Hi Noemi, Welcome to Teens For Planet Earth! I hope that you can connect with other teens, and find some useful information in case you are planning any projects in the near future. Best of luck, and let me know if you have any questions!"
This is for the Indian Govt. and to the Indian forestry Deparment.,...In 2012-13,about HUNDREDS of trees were cut-down for construction in Allahabad,U.P for the kumbh fair.I want to ask you, where are the trees that should be planted in return according to the policy of Reforestation.And where was the forest department when they were being cut.See More