Developing and Maintaining The Oberlin Schools Farm and To promote Awareness of Our Local And National Food Systems And To Generally Encourage Healthy Eating Within Our Student Body
The Oberlin High School Food Awareness Club:
• To provide our fellow students and community with the reality that our National food system is corrupt and that we need to create a revolution, however small that would make it possible for sustainably cultivated, healthy, local foods to be available to all students, regardless of socioeconomic standing
• To connect with the community of farmers and other agricultural producers around us to better experience where the food we eats comes from, and to learn from the methods the farmers use to better help improve our own culinary and gardening lives
• To help be apart of, and create a movement where students take the lead in demanding and producing their own healthy, sustainably produced foods and to contribute to the school gardening revolution and the local food movement as a student organization
• To appreciate the time, effort, and ethics which went into the food production of the foods we produce on the school farm and of the food we eat otherwise
• To uphold and run the school farm and maintain student leadership full circle from cultivating the produce to consuming it in our school cafeteria
• To work together as students and appreciate our differences, whatever they may be, and to use with this knowledge to create a happy, diverse community we all want to live and thrive in!
• To help create new food systems and collaborations with the college and community
• To try to do our part in contributing to a more sustainable world by being ware of things above
September 4, 2015 at 6pm to September 7, 2015 at 7pm
Well known to the world as Gloucester’s major maritime and sailing event, the 31st annual Gloucester Schooner Festival is organized by the Gloucester Schooner Festival Committee and Maritime Gloucester.Taking place in the harbor and nearby waters of America’s oldest seaport, the Gloucester Schooner Festival honors the major role the fishing schooner has played in the heritage of Gloucester and the eastern seaboard.See More
"Hi Allison, During school year I sail every Friday. Presently, I am sailing to Gloucester , ma schooner festival for historic tall ship race. I am sailing on The Lettie G Howard ( built in 1893).